In the realm of SFF and TV, my current major obsession is Doctor Who. Yes, a lot of people love the show, and write about the show, and make podcasts and various other media about the show. Well, occasionally I’ll have something to say about it. Maybe.
If I do, they’ll be here.
- We Need to Talk About the Doctor - Well, this blog post was a draft I created, and never did anything with, back in November 2017, but now that I’ve watched Twice Upon a Time, Moffat’s last (hopefully forever) stint at writing Doctor Who, I have more to say on the topic so here goes. I attended my first Doctor Who convention back … Continue reading "We Need to Talk About the Doctor"
- Geeky Travel: Long Island Who - This weekend I’ll be attending my first Doctor Who convention, traveling down to Hauppauge, for Long Island Doctor Who. This is the fifth year of said convention, and the main guests are Sylvester McCoy, Lalla Ward, Katy Manning, and Ingrid Oliver. As you might expect, I’m super excited about Katy Manning, as Jo Grant Is My … Continue reading "Geeky Travel: Long Island Who"
- In Darkness We Are Revealed: A (More) Authentic Look at Blindness in Doctor Who - Hello all, you are in for a treat today, as I’ve convinced my husband to talk to me about Doctor Who! Much as I enjoy listening to various podcasters’ opinions about the show, the past few episodes have left a bit to be desired, specifically in representational voices. If you’ve been keeping up with S. … Continue reading "In Darkness We Are Revealed: A (More) Authentic Look at Blindness in Doctor Who"
- Doctors Prefer Lesbians: An Exploration of the Relationships between the 12th Doctor and Bill Potts - The Doctor has never been good at dealing with the relationships of his companions. From the First Doctor, when he pretty much swept Susan out of the TARDIS, shoeless and with nothing but love in her heart and the clothes on her back, to the Twelfth official incarnation in Peter Capaldi when he gave Clara … Continue reading "Doctors Prefer Lesbians: An Exploration of the Relationships between the 12th Doctor and Bill Potts"
- Jo Grant is My Favorite Classic Doctor Who Companion - Jo Grant is my favorite Classic Doctor Who companion. Now, I’ve only watched about the first half of Classic Who (CW) seasons. I’m somewhere in the middle of the Tom Baker/ Sarah Jane show (edit, I’m now in the Leela era, which I enjoy a lot more). I can see why a lot of people … Continue reading "Jo Grant is My Favorite Classic Doctor Who Companion"